Note: Many of these articles were pulled from our previous website and are up to 10 years old. A majority of the information is still applicable; however, much has also changed in the industry. If you find any information in error, please reach out to jeff@[[bulger-web-address]].com. (Email address encrypted to prevent spam).
Lock PickingSimilar to Lock Bumping. Click Here to learn more about lock-bumping.
What is Lock Picking?Lock picking is the skill of unlocking a lock by analyzing and manipulating the components of the lock, without use of the original key. Used mainly by professionals and locksmiths, most locks in today's market are pickable locks.
Facts about Lock Picking
- 90% of residential cylindrical locks can be picked.
- The ones you find at Home Depot and other stores are ALL vulnerable to lock picking and bumping.
- Experts can pick a lock in a matter of minutes.
- When your lock is properly picked, there are little to no signs of forced entry or damage to the lock.
- Tougher to prove to insurance company that there was a break-in.
- There is no better time than now to protect your possessions, your family, yourself, and your life with a pick and bump-proof lock.
- Most people who know what they are doing will see your high-security pick-proof lock and move on right away.
- They are normally in a hurry and would rather deal with someone down the street with the chincy, pickable, weak lock.